4 Bottle CLuB
The 4 Bottle Wine CLuB: Formerly 3 bottle
I am so excited about the opportunity to offer J Dusi CLuB members the 4 Bottle CLuB option. The one bottle increase was prompted by the additional acreage my family has acquired, the new varieties we've planted, and of course, by my desire to share more wine with my fellow wine enthusiasts. Currently, all 2014’s are in barrel, and the schedule for 2015 and 2016 fruit will knock your socks off. I am bringing in fruit from some of the most interesting micro-climates in Paso Robles and I get to craft them from field to bottle. Below is a sneak peak of a few of the varieties I have in the pipeline:
- Petite Sirah from the “Lake Ranch” is in its 5th leaf (when the vines start to show some complexity and maturity), meaning more 100% Petite Sirah!
- Fall 2016, I expect my first small harvest from the Tasting Room Vineyard…Viognier wil be added to my Syrah for a Cote Rotie style Syrah
- 3 new blocks of Carignane!!!!!! One new block at Dante Dusi Vineyard, one at the Tasting Room Vineyard, and one at the top of Kiler Canyon Road – the Paper Street Vineyard. This means more of the coveted and rare 100% Carignane to offer CLuB Members
- New Zin, Mourvedre, Syrah, and Garnacha from Paper Street Vineyard
- Tannat, Petit Verdot, Cabernet, Grenache, and Counoise from the Tasting Room Vineyard
Fruit from these new blocks started coming into the winery during the 2014 Harvest, and with the kind of quality I am seeing the possibilities are endless in what I can put together future shipments for my CLuB Members:
- A vineyard designate Carignane from each ranch?
- A wine region sampler…..Garnacha to represent Spain, Viognier/Syrah blend to represent the Rhone, Sangiovese/Cab to represent a Super Tuscan?
- A Syrah sampler from 3 varying vineyards….Caterina’s Vineyard vs. Paper Street vs. Tasting Room?
- A sampler of the new Paso Robles Sub AVA’s with Zinfandel as its medium…Templeton Gap – Dante Dusi Vineyard, Willow Creek – Fossil Creek Vineyard, Adelaida – Paper Street Vineyard?
- Janell Dusi, Winemaker